How to use the radar
The radar can be used according to the following configurations, chosen by the operator during flights
Transmittal timetables adapted to the altitude of the aircraft
- Around 450m (for calibration on dihedrons): called altitude mode "0"
- Around 1000 m altitude (± 100m): called altitude mode "1"
- Around 2000 m altitude (± 100m): called altitude mode "2"
- Around 3000 m altitude (± 100m): called altitude mode "3"
- In rotation (speed chosen by operator in general 2 to 6 rpm
- In fixed sight (azimuth aiming chosen by the operator)
Choice of antennas (transmission / reception)
- On LI antenna only (antenna mode "10")
- On MI antenna only (antenna mode ("40")
- In alternation on antenna LI and MI (alternating every 30s automatically
Choice of polarization
- Always in HH for mode_antenne LI
- Either HH, VV, or alternate for MI antenna (alternating every 100 ms)